Connect provides the ability to export your assignment grade reports to other course management software. Microsoft Excel is the universal format for exporting your reports. Other common course management formats supported by Connect are Blackboard and Blackboard Vista.
NOTE: These two course management formats are only available from the Assignment Results report, and only if your roster contains Blackboard or Blackboard Vista custom columns.
You must add the Blackboard/Blackboard Vista ID column to your Connect section roster (A). The added Blackboard Vista ID column will be used to import your students' Blackboard Usernames into. Below are the steps to set this column up and import Blackboard data.
Skip ahead to Exporting Your Report if you already have already added the Blackboard/Blackboard Vista ID column and imported your students' Blackboard usernames.
- In Blackboard's Grade Center, select Download Grades.
- Choose the Tab Delimited option and save file to your desktop.
- Within Connect, go the section's Roster from my courses.
- Click on customize columns.
- Click the add column button and choose Blackboard Vista or Blackboard ID.
- Click apply and then save.
- Click on import student information.
- Click on Export your current roster as a *csv template and save file to your desktop.
- Open both the Blackboard Gradebook downloaded previously and the Connect Roster in Microsoft Excel.
- Copy the Username from the Blackboard file into the User ID column in the Connect Roster file and save your Excel file.
- When complete, in Connect select the roster file and click Upload.