As your students submit their writing assignments, you’ll see a flagged message on your section homepage that indicates you have submissions to grade. Click that message (A) to get started.
You’ll be taken to your grading to-do list. Find the assignment you want to grade, and select the student (A) whose submission you want to grade. (The students who’ve submitted their assignments will have a green flag and “ready to grade” as their statuses.)
How you grade the student’s assignment depends on how it was submitted.
If it was composed online, you can leave inline comments.
- First, highlight the text you want to comment on.
- Click the comment button that appears at the end of the selection (A) and enter your comment in the text box provided.
- Then click add comment to post or cancel if you change your mind.
If your student attached the assignment as a word document (A)
- Download the file.
- Add your comments within the document and save it to your computer.
- Then, below “attach student’s doc with your comments,” click browse (B).
- Select the student’s file with your comments.
You can also add overall comments to the assignment (A). Enter your comment in the text box below “add a comment,” and then click post (B).
After providing your comments, move on to the blue scoring area. To grade the student, enter the student’s score (C) and any comments (D) regarding the score.
Click submit score and comments (E), and then click next student (F) to continue grading.
How you grade a writing assignment depends on how it was submitted. Select whether the student composed online or attached a document to find out how to review and score.