Students, SmartBook is Here!
What is SmartBook? SmartBook is the first and only adaptive reading experience. It’s fueled by LearnSmart, the most widely used and intelligent adaptive study resource available today. By blending LearnSmart with an interactive eBook, SmartBook is designed to help you maximize your study time.
How can I get SmartBook? If you’re using ConnectPlus, there will be a SmartBook button available as soon as you enter LearnSmart. (Check this list of available titles to see if your title has SmartBook.) You can play around with it, or use LearnSmart as usual without clicking the SmartBook button – the choice is yours!
How does SmartBook work? SmartBook collects the same data points that LearnSmart uses (e.g. confidence rating, degree of correctness, time on task, etc.) and then determines what material you need to read the most. Just like LearnSmart, SmartBook is designed to help you make the most of your study time.
• Preview – You’ll see a thumbnail view of the chapter and get an understanding of the basic organization of the material.
• Read – Your eBook has been “highlighted” to show the most important content you should focus on. No more wondering what’s important or highlighting every sentence!
• Practice – This section is just like LearnSmart. You’ll get questions to solidify your mastery of the content and identify areas you need to focus on.
• Recharge – SmartBook is so smart, it knows what information you’re going to forget and when you’re going to forget it. Recharge shows you that content at the exact right time to help you keep it fresh.
What do I do first? You can Preview the content first to build a foundation. Then you can Practice (LearnSmart) or Read. After spending some time with SmartBook, you can Recharge. But the path you take is up to you.
Is the regular e-Book going away? No. The current eBook will remain and function as is.
By The Connect Team | April 30 2013
The Connect Team
- New Connect Quick Guides Site is Live!
- 95% of Student Survey Participants Report Connect’s Tegrity Tool Improves Learning
- Using the Item Analysis Report to target your instruction
- McGraw-Hill Connect Increases Student Performance and Engagement at San Diego State University!
- Do More with McGraw-Hill Connect and Blackboard!
- Digital Faculty Consultants Share LearnSmart Benefits
- Tips for Accessing LearnSmart in Connect
- Connect Enhancements Are Coming!
- McGraw-Hill/Blackboard Total Course Solution Launches!
- McGraw-Hill Connect with LearnSmart Improves Student Success and Engagement at the University of Colorado Denver!