Back to School Training Camp: Everything You Need to Start the Semester Off Right
What’s the foundation of every great training program? Flexibility and relaxation. Start off the new season with a zen-like session from colleagues who’ve learned how to master the art of a great class using Connect. Register now for Back to School with Your Peers Connect Webinar Series to hear from instructors regarding assignment creation, personalized learning, reporting, lecture capture and seamless systems integration with Connect.
McGraw-Hill’s First Day of Class site is a collection of pre-built resources that helps you get your semester off to the right start by giving your students what they need on day one. Customizable PowerPoint presentations that are tied to specific textbook titles, videos that feature sage advice from students and instructors on getting the most out of Connect and LearnSmart, and helpful links are all at your fingertips.
Navigating a multi-layered system like Connect may seem daunting, but that’s where the Digital Success Academy comes into play. The DSA is an online training resource that teaches you the nuts and bolts of how to use Connect and build your Fall courses.
The Connect 101 tab, which introduces the Connect basics, features the following topics:
1. Get Started: Everything you need to start using Connect, including an easy student sign-up center and training webinars.
2. Courses & Sections: Knowledge on how to create your courses, sections and rosters.
3. Creating Assignments: Guided tours on creating, managing and sharing your assignments.
4. Linking to your LMS: Step-by-step instructions on utilizing your Blackboard, Connect Enterprise & MH Campus resources.
The Connect 200 tab delves deeper into what Connect has to offer in your area of interest, whether it’s accounting, sociology or something in between. If you still can’t find what you need, there’s always the Browse by Topic tab or handy FAQ that you’ve yet to explore.
Getting in shape is so much easier with friends to root you on! The Connect Community gives you access to more than 1,700 instructors from across disciplines, course types and schools who are available to answer your questions, give you advice, and share their experiences.
That’s it – everything you need to start off your semester right. Don’t forget that you can always learn more by contacting your personal trainer (also known as your McGraw-Hill rep).
Follow us on Twitter for up-to-the-minute information, invitations to webinars and more!
By The Connect Team | August 22 2013
The Connect Team
- New Connect Quick Guides Site is Live!
- 95% of Student Survey Participants Report Connect’s Tegrity Tool Improves Learning
- Using the Item Analysis Report to target your instruction
- McGraw-Hill Connect Increases Student Performance and Engagement at San Diego State University!
- Do More with McGraw-Hill Connect and Blackboard!
- Digital Faculty Consultants Share LearnSmart Benefits
- Tips for Accessing LearnSmart in Connect
- Connect Enhancements Are Coming!
- McGraw-Hill/Blackboard Total Course Solution Launches!
- McGraw-Hill Connect with LearnSmart Improves Student Success and Engagement at the University of Colorado Denver!