Required Equals Results: Rachael Gionvenco-Bicknell, Triton College
“It really works. Students are more tech savvy. They really enjoy the interaction with Connect.”
What impact did requiring digital have on your students’ success?
Requiring digital had an impact on test grades.
Which digital tools do you use in your class?
I use LearnSmart and Psych Interaction Media.
When did you begin using digital tools in your classes and what did it replace, if anything?
I started using it in 2012.
When did you decide to require them as part of the course grade?
I decided to require them as part of the course grade when I started to use questions from the test bank.
What percentage of your course grade is made up by digital tools like Connect and LearnSmart?
25% is made up by digital tools.
Why is it important to require digital rather than make it optional?
If I am using your PowerPoint, handouts, etc. I need everything to be consistent in the class.
What advice do you have for instructors who are incorporating digital into their courses for the first time?
It really works. Students are more tech savvy. They really enjoy the interaction with Connect.
What are you able to do now that you couldn’t before you required digital?
I am able to spend less time grading. All assignments deploy to Connect.
By The Connect Team | December 02 2013
The Connect Team
- New Connect Quick Guides Site is Live!
- 95% of Student Survey Participants Report Connect’s Tegrity Tool Improves Learning
- Using the Item Analysis Report to target your instruction
- McGraw-Hill Connect Increases Student Performance and Engagement at San Diego State University!
- Do More with McGraw-Hill Connect and Blackboard!
- Digital Faculty Consultants Share LearnSmart Benefits
- Tips for Accessing LearnSmart in Connect
- Connect Enhancements Are Coming!
- McGraw-Hill/Blackboard Total Course Solution Launches!
- McGraw-Hill Connect with LearnSmart Improves Student Success and Engagement at the University of Colorado Denver!