McGraw-Hill Connect Maintenance Release
In order to roll out these updates, Connect will be temporarily unavailable during this time. We know that downtime can be interruptive, so we’ve scheduled the update during a time of historically low usage to minimize the inconvenience. If you’d like help modifying your assignment due dates, please contact our Customer Experience Group at 800-331-5094 within our hours of operation or submit a support request via our Contact Us form.
Thank you very much for your kind patience as we work to improve your Connect experience!
By The Connect Team | September 20 2013
McGraw-Hill Connect Planned Upgrade Maintenance
When we go live with the new upgrade, Connect will be temporarily unavailable for a period of approximately 12 hours. We selected this window of time to launch the release because our data suggests that it will minimize the impact on instructors and students.
To make the process as seamless as possible, we’ve provided answers to some questions you may have regarding the planned upgrade maintenance:
Q: What is the day, time and anticipated duration of the planned upgrade maintenance during which the Connect platform will be temporarily unavailable?
A: Connect will be temporarily unavailable for all users (instructors and students) for approximately 12 hours between 10pm ET on Friday, July 26th and 10am ET on Saturday, July 27th. This is a time of historically low usage for the platform.
Q: If there are assignments or tests scheduled to occur during the planned upgrade maintenance time frame, will these need to be rescheduled?
A: Yes. For instructors who are not actively sharing their assignments/section:
Step 1: Check the box next to assignments on your section homepage
Step 2: Click on “Change Dates” and select new due dates for each assignment
Note: If you are sharing assignments/sections, we recommend that you go into the assignments themselves and change the due dates on the Policies page.
If you still need assistance, you may contact the McGraw-Hill Customer Experience Group at 800-331-5094 during our hours of operation or submit a support request via our Contact Us form.
Q: How will I be notified when the Connect platform is available again?
A: All currently registered users of Connect will receive an email indicating that the platform is available again. We will also communicate regarding the upgrade duration and platform availability via our social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and the Connect Community. Instructors can access Connect upgrade details by following us on Twitter and joining the Connect Community. Students can access Connect upgrade details by liking our page on Facebook and following our student Twitter handle.
Q: Will any work that I’ve done in Connect (for example, assignments I’ve created/completed policy settings, etc.) be affected?
Q: As an instructor, will my students or the work they’ve begun or completed be affected in any way?
Q: If a summer course is in progress at the time of the upgrade, will the course reflect the new Connect once the release goes live, or will the course finish with the old version of Connect?
A: Existing courses will continue in the upgraded platform. There are a few small things that won’t apply to an existing or active course. For example, the time on task calculations (a new feature to the upgrade) will only begin tracking from the date of the release, not prior. But there will not be a situation where existing courses will exist in a parallel universe without these feature changes.
Q: Will the Customer Experience Group be available while Connect is temporarily unavailable?
A: Yes. The McGraw-Hill Customer Experience Group will have extended hours while Connect is temporarily unavailable, including on Saturday 7/27 once the Connect release goes live, to help answer your questions. Specific hours of availability will be posted just prior to the actual release upgrade date.
At McGraw-Hill Education, empowering educators is our passion and ensuring the best possible Connect user experience is our top priority. We appreciate your loyalty and patience as we work to improve your Connect experience.
By The Connect Team | July 09 2013
Digital Success Programs Available for You
Here are just some of the resources available to you:
• In-person or remote 1:1 training
• Peer to peer training from users of Connect in your subject area
• Instant access to online training tools
• Phone, email or online chat for user support just a click away
You can also chat with your peers about best practices for integrating digital into the classroom and other key topics in the Connect Community.
Your success is our priority. Our investment in server capacity, the latest technologies, web compliance and uptime reflect our commitment to you and your students.
Coming this summer! Exciting enhancements to our Connect platform. More details to come!
By The Connect Team | June 17 2013
Update on Connect
If you ever have a issue with Connect, you can contact our Customer Experience Group via email, phone or live chat for assistance.
– The Connect Team
By The Connect Team | June 02 2013
Expanded Support for Connect
• Monday – Thursday, 8am to 11pm
• Friday, 8am to 6pm
• Saturday, 10am to 4pm
• Sunday, 6pm to 11pm
Note: All times are CST
Thank you for your continued support! You can contact our Customer Experience Group here.
By The Connect Team | April 08 2013
NEW: Chat Support for Connect and Extended Hours!
– Chat support for Connect: Chat instantly with a member of our Customer experience group to get the help you need as quickly as possible.
– Expanded Support Hours: Help is only a call or click away – even on nights and weekends.
– New FAQs: Get answers to all of your top questions about McGraw-Hill’s digital products!
– Streamlined Phone Support: We know your time is valuable, and we want to get you the resources you need even quicker so you can put your focus back in the classroom.
– McGraw-Hill Digital Success Academy: To help you ensure a successful course implementation, we offer training tailored to your specific needs.
The Connect Team
- New Connect Quick Guides Site is Live!
- 95% of Student Survey Participants Report Connect’s Tegrity Tool Improves Learning
- Using the Item Analysis Report to target your instruction
- McGraw-Hill Connect Increases Student Performance and Engagement at San Diego State University!
- Do More with McGraw-Hill Connect and Blackboard!
- Digital Faculty Consultants Share LearnSmart Benefits
- Tips for Accessing LearnSmart in Connect
- Connect Enhancements Are Coming!
- McGraw-Hill/Blackboard Total Course Solution Launches!
- McGraw-Hill Connect with LearnSmart Improves Student Success and Engagement at the University of Colorado Denver!