Introducing the Redesigned Policies Page
We’re excited about the changes, but we know that many of you have mastered the current policies layout and already customized policies for your assignments. We want to put your minds at ease and assure you of two really important things: first, all your saved policy settings will rollover with the new design – nothing changes for your students or your assignments, and second, each policy setting will work the same way it always has. So, when it comes time to set up for next semester, your assignments and policy settings will be exactly as you left them—just a whole lot simpler to set up! As we move forward into 2012 and beyond, we’ll continue to simplify and improve Connect, and present you with brand-new features. We think we’re off to a great start, but let us know what you think after the redesigned policies page goes live!
October Release and Enhancements
At-Risk Student Report (Pilot)
Instructors and institutions have an easy way to improve student retention. Quickly find and help the students who need you most. The report will identify at-risk students and help you reach out to them to request a meeting during office hours, provide words of encouragement and get them re-engaged.
An easier way to navigate your course. With the improved section-switcher, getting between your MWF and TuTh sections is a breeze. Just click “switch section” and you will see a list of all the sections in your course. Select the one you want, and you’re there.
See all of the content available to you, in any combination. We’ve updated the filtering in Connect so that you never have to choose between options like question type or learning objective again. Narrow the field by selecting your favorite filtering options and assign your homework knowing you’ve picked the very best content for your class and your goals.
We have helped clarify some of the key policies so that you get exactly what you want for your students each time you create an assignment.
New Connect Instructor & Student Enhancements Are Here!
* NEW “Ask Instructor” feature – Answering student questions has never been easier than with Connect! The “Ask Instructor” policy setting allows students to send you a message with a direct link to the question from their assignment to provide greater context to questions where students require assistance. You can even reply to your entire class if the answer given is relevant for everyone!
* NEW Group Assignments feature – Connect now supports group assignments, enabling you to split up a section of students and have each group collaborate on their own topics. Simply select the number of students you’d like in each group and add your topics. Move students between groups to best fit your needs. Get instant notifications when your roster changes so you can update your groups accordingly.
To learn more, take a look at our Connect enhancements flyer.
THANK YOU again to our Connect community for helping us to find ways to make Connect better for you and your students!
Improved Navigation in Connect
Connect also offers enhanced section drop-down menus, which clearly detail the functionality offered via the contextual labels to better inform you of your options to edit, duplicate, copy, share, or delete a course section. Enjoy these usability enhancements!
By | May 20 2011
Tags: best practices
New Connect Quick Guides Site is Live!
The Connect Team
- New Connect Quick Guides Site is Live!
- 95% of Student Survey Participants Report Connect’s Tegrity Tool Improves Learning
- Using the Item Analysis Report to target your instruction
- McGraw-Hill Connect Increases Student Performance and Engagement at San Diego State University!
- Do More with McGraw-Hill Connect and Blackboard!
- Digital Faculty Consultants Share LearnSmart Benefits
- Tips for Accessing LearnSmart in Connect
- Connect Enhancements Are Coming!
- McGraw-Hill/Blackboard Total Course Solution Launches!
- McGraw-Hill Connect with LearnSmart Improves Student Success and Engagement at the University of Colorado Denver!