Thank YOU for all you do!
At this time of graduation ceremonies and celebrations, we at McGraw-Hill want to take a minute to congratulate you. We see how hard you have worked to educate our future leaders, and how proud you are now that they are setting off towards the bright futures that lie before them.
We are very proud of our role in partnering with you and your students to make a difference, and we will continue to publish content designed to encourage their highest achievement and success.
Congratulations to you and to all of the students whose lives you have touched!
By The Connect Team | May 19 2011
McGraw-Hill/Blackboard Total Course Solution Launches!
Thousands of faculty across the country joined us for our LIVE Webcast on April 14th to learn firsthand from instructors and students about their experiences with our groundbreaking McGraw-Hill/Blackboard total course solution. Excitement was in the air on Thursday and a lot of cake was enjoyed at hundreds of viewing parties across the country!
Interested in learning more about the McGraw-Hill/Blackboard total course solution? Visit www.domorenow.com to learn more and sign up for a live demonstration!
Campus Administrators and Instructors: Request access to the McGraw-Hill/Blackboard building block! Click here now.
By | April 17 2011
Connect Enhancements Are Coming!
- * NEW “Upload Documents” feature – Uploading files has never been easier than through Connect! Give your students all the additional resources they need by attaching your files to the course, assignment, or question levels in Connect. You can simply attach files to your Course Library and share them via your student’s Library. You also have the option of enabling students to submit files as a custom assignment or as part of a question within an assignment.
- * NEW “Content Update” feature – McGraw-Hill is always working to improve our Connect content. We’ve always been able to ensure that the very latest content is included in our question banks and through “inactive assignments” – those that have yet to be offered to students. With this release, we’ll be able to notify you when we have identified content that might require updating in your active assignments per McGraw-Hill author recommendations. You’ll be offered the opportunity to decide whether you want to adjust or drop credit for the updated items in those active assignments. Even better, when you make a copy of that assignment (e.g. for use next semester), the new copy will automatically be updated to contain the very latest content from McGraw-Hill.
To learn more, take a look at our Connect enhancements flyer.
THANK YOU to our Connect community for helping us to find ways to make Connect better for you and your students!
Tips for Accessing LearnSmart in Connect
If you’re already assigning LearnSmart in Connect, students can continue to work in the adaptive study tool after the assignment due date has passed. While this will not affect the grades received by the due dates you’ve set, students can review past topics and continue mastery throughout the term. This can be a great way for students to focus their review as cumulative finals approach – whether the final is on three chapters or ten chapters. If you haven’t assigned LearnSmart yet but it’s available in your course, direct students to the widget on the Connect Homepage for personalized assistance with their study. This is a great way to get student feedback about LearnSmart in consideration of incorporating the adaptive study tool in a future term.
Digital Faculty Consultants Share LearnSmart Benefits
Do More with McGraw-Hill Connect and Blackboard!
McGraw-Hill and Blackboard have teamed up to bring you an unrivaled total course solution!
The new integration between McGraw-Hill Connect™, McGraw-Hill Create™, and Blackboard Learn™ 9.1 allows you to manage course content, assignments, assessments and grades all from within Blackboard. Enjoy simplified access to the highest quality, media-rich content and adaptive learning and assessment engines for faculty, students and institutions.
A Total Course Solution
This unprecedented integration of publisher-provided content and tools into a learning management system offers the enhanced experience of all course resources in a single, online environment.
- – Single Sign-On
A single login and single environment provide seamless access to all course resources – all McGraw-Hill’s resources are available within the Blackboard Learn platform.
- – One Gradebook
Automatic grade synchronization with Blackboard gradebook. All grades for McGraw-Hill assignments are recorded in the Blackboard gradebook automatically.
- – Deep Integration
One click access to a wealth of McGraw-Hill content and tools – all from within Blackboard Learn.
- – Openness
Unique in Higher Education, the partnership of McGraw Hill Higher Education and Blackboard preserves the spirit of academic freedom and openness. Blackboard remains publisher independent, and McGraw-Hill remains LMS independent. The result makes our content, engines and platform more usable and accessible, with fewer barriers to adoption and use.
- – 100% FERPA–compliant solution protects student privacy.
Want to learn more? Visit DoMoreNow.com and sign up for a demonstration!
The Connect Team
- New Connect Quick Guides Site is Live!
- 95% of Student Survey Participants Report Connect’s Tegrity Tool Improves Learning
- Using the Item Analysis Report to target your instruction
- McGraw-Hill Connect Increases Student Performance and Engagement at San Diego State University!
- Do More with McGraw-Hill Connect and Blackboard!
- Digital Faculty Consultants Share LearnSmart Benefits
- Tips for Accessing LearnSmart in Connect
- Connect Enhancements Are Coming!
- McGraw-Hill/Blackboard Total Course Solution Launches!
- McGraw-Hill Connect with LearnSmart Improves Student Success and Engagement at the University of Colorado Denver!