3 Things You Didn’t Even Know You Could Do With Connect!
2. Self-Quiz and Study – Connect will quiz you to help you prepare for the big test!
3. Create a personalized study guide – By the end of the semester, you’ll have your own study guide built from all the highlights and notes you took in the Connect Plus eBook.
Want to know what else you can do in Connect? Check out ConnectStudentSuccess.com.
By The Connect Team | December 03 2013
Students, SmartBook is Here!
What is SmartBook? SmartBook is the first and only adaptive reading experience. It’s fueled by LearnSmart, the most widely used and intelligent adaptive study resource available today. By blending LearnSmart with an interactive eBook, SmartBook is designed to help you maximize your study time.
How can I get SmartBook? If you’re using ConnectPlus, there will be a SmartBook button available as soon as you enter LearnSmart. (Check this list of available titles to see if your title has SmartBook.) You can play around with it, or use LearnSmart as usual without clicking the SmartBook button – the choice is yours!
How does SmartBook work? SmartBook collects the same data points that LearnSmart uses (e.g. confidence rating, degree of correctness, time on task, etc.) and then determines what material you need to read the most. Just like LearnSmart, SmartBook is designed to help you make the most of your study time.
• Preview – You’ll see a thumbnail view of the chapter and get an understanding of the basic organization of the material.
• Read – Your eBook has been “highlighted” to show the most important content you should focus on. No more wondering what’s important or highlighting every sentence!
• Practice – This section is just like LearnSmart. You’ll get questions to solidify your mastery of the content and identify areas you need to focus on.
• Recharge – SmartBook is so smart, it knows what information you’re going to forget and when you’re going to forget it. Recharge shows you that content at the exact right time to help you keep it fresh.
What do I do first? You can Preview the content first to build a foundation. Then you can Practice (LearnSmart) or Read. After spending some time with SmartBook, you can Recharge. But the path you take is up to you.
Is the regular e-Book going away? No. The current eBook will remain and function as is.
By The Connect Team | April 30 2013
Exciting News About LearnSmart
Since its launch, we’ve heard from students each semester about how much they love LearnSmart. They agree that the engaging, effective, and personalized learning offered through LearnSmart is like no other study solution. As a result, there have been an increasing number of students asking for LearnSmart in their other courses where access has not been provided through Connect.
To heed this call, McGraw-Hill is thrilled to announce that students will now be able to purchase and use LearnSmart in over 40 courses. We’d like to invite you to be part of the adaptive learning revolution by visiting the new LearnSmart website and sharing the news with your students!
Announcing the Winners of the Get Connected and Win Video Contest
We asked students across the country to create a video about McGraw-Hill Connect and how it has helped them. So many excellent videos came in that it was hard for our panel of judges to decide, but the winners have been posted! Check them out at GetConnectedandWin.com.
The Connect Team
- New Connect Quick Guides Site is Live!
- 95% of Student Survey Participants Report Connect’s Tegrity Tool Improves Learning
- Using the Item Analysis Report to target your instruction
- McGraw-Hill Connect Increases Student Performance and Engagement at San Diego State University!
- Do More with McGraw-Hill Connect and Blackboard!
- Digital Faculty Consultants Share LearnSmart Benefits
- Tips for Accessing LearnSmart in Connect
- Connect Enhancements Are Coming!
- McGraw-Hill/Blackboard Total Course Solution Launches!
- McGraw-Hill Connect with LearnSmart Improves Student Success and Engagement at the University of Colorado Denver!