Back to School Training Camp: Everything You Need to Start the Semester Off Right
What’s the foundation of every great training program? Flexibility and relaxation. Start off the new season with a zen-like session from colleagues who’ve learned how to master the art of a great class using Connect. Register now for Back to School with Your Peers Connect Webinar Series to hear from instructors regarding assignment creation, personalized learning, reporting, lecture capture and seamless systems integration with Connect.
McGraw-Hill’s First Day of Class site is a collection of pre-built resources that helps you get your semester off to the right start by giving your students what they need on day one. Customizable PowerPoint presentations that are tied to specific textbook titles, videos that feature sage advice from students and instructors on getting the most out of Connect and LearnSmart, and helpful links are all at your fingertips.
Navigating a multi-layered system like Connect may seem daunting, but that’s where the Digital Success Academy comes into play. The DSA is an online training resource that teaches you the nuts and bolts of how to use Connect and build your Fall courses.
The Connect 101 tab, which introduces the Connect basics, features the following topics:
1. Get Started: Everything you need to start using Connect, including an easy student sign-up center and training webinars.
2. Courses & Sections: Knowledge on how to create your courses, sections and rosters.
3. Creating Assignments: Guided tours on creating, managing and sharing your assignments.
4. Linking to your LMS: Step-by-step instructions on utilizing your Blackboard, Connect Enterprise & MH Campus resources.
The Connect 200 tab delves deeper into what Connect has to offer in your area of interest, whether it’s accounting, sociology or something in between. If you still can’t find what you need, there’s always the Browse by Topic tab or handy FAQ that you’ve yet to explore.
Getting in shape is so much easier with friends to root you on! The Connect Community gives you access to more than 1,700 instructors from across disciplines, course types and schools who are available to answer your questions, give you advice, and share their experiences.
That’s it – everything you need to start off your semester right. Don’t forget that you can always learn more by contacting your personal trainer (also known as your McGraw-Hill rep).
Follow us on Twitter for up-to-the-minute information, invitations to webinars and more!
By The Connect Team | August 22 2013
Implementing Connect: Instructor-Led Webinar Series
William Butler Yeats once said, “Education is not the filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire.” To excel at your craft, educators must be equipped with high-quality content and superior teaching aids; and there’s no better resource than Connect.
At McGraw-Hill Education, our priority is to ensure that you meet your teaching goals and see increased success, for you and your students. So, we’ve packed Connect with simple assignment creation, personalized learning, powerful reporting, lecture capture and seamless LMS integration.
To deepen your love of Connect, we’re extending an invitation for you to participate in 8 webinars—as part of our Back to School with Your Peers: Learn How Your Colleagues Are Implementing CONNECT Webinar Series—that will be available in August and September. Here’s a quick look at what we’ll be discussing:
• Online Coursework: Making it Count
Focuses on the importance of requiring assignments, as well as tips on how to integrate them into the syllabus.
• LearnSmart: Best Practices for Assigning
Teaches you how to assign and integrate LearnSmart into your course requirements.
• Getting Started with Tegrity
Concentrates on how to begin using Tegrity— McGraw-Hill Education’s lecture capture system—in both online and F2F courses.
• Using Reports Early & Often
Walks you through our powerful reporting that can track activity and identify at-risk students, shape lecture topics throughout the term, and support student success.
• Using Connect Tools to Flip your Classroom
Teaches you how to use LearnSmart, Tegrity and application homework to manage a flipped classroom.
• Preparing for Accreditation Reporting Needs
Walks you through setting up your class or department for efficient data collection, including building assignments and sharing courses.
• Blackboard/Connect Integration: Achieving SSO and Gradebook Synchronization
This session highlights setting up your Connect course in Blackboard to achieve grade sync, in addition to best practices prior to and throughout the term.
• MH Campus/Connect Integration: Achieving Single Sign-On and Gradebook Sync with your LMS
This session details the features of the MH Campus Integration, available across the most popular LMS platforms. You’ll learn how to setup and pair your LMS course with Connect, how to sync students’ Connect scores to your LMS grade book and other best practices for managing an integrated course throughout the term.
Register now at http://bit.ly/MHEWebinars.
By The Connect Team | August 07 2013
Single sign-on. Grade sync. Sound good?
It’s time for our annual LMS-Palooza, where we showcase how you can use McGraw-Hill Campus to get Connect, LearnSmart and other incredible digital assets, right within your Learning Management System… no matter which LMS you’re using! We will be demonstrating these digital integrations April 1-5 in a variety of the most popular LMS platforms and hope you will join us. Register here for the session specific to your LMS.
Learn more about McGraw-Hill Campus at www.mhcampus.com
Webinar Series: Instructors Talk About Hot Digital Education Trends
We are excited to announce our instructor-led webinar series on today’s hot digital education trends. We have instructors from across the country sharing their personal experiences with Adaptive Learning, the Flipped Classroom, Lecture Capture, and Using Data to improve their course outcomes. It’s an excellent opportunity to discuss these topics with your peers.
Check out the recordings below:
By The Connect Team | March 19 2013
How to Use a Student Ambassador (SA) Promo Code
What products are eligible for this promotion?
Promo codes can be used for select standalone digital items, including:
What items are not eligible for this promotion?
Promo codes are NOT valid on the following:
– LearnSmart Labs
– LearnSmart Achieve
– International and Canadian titles (Only US titles are eligible for this promotion)
– Custom titles/editions unique to your university.
– Physical access cards containing an access code for a digital product;
– Workbooks, lab manuals, or other physical media;
– Digital products that are packaged with physical media (these items carry the “Mixed-media Product” label on shop.mheducation.com).
By The Connect Team | January 01 2013
Enhance Your Teaching with Unlimited Access to McGraw-Hill Content
Join us on July 21st at 11:00 AM PT for our webinar on McGraw-Hill Campus, a revolutionary new service that gives you single sign-on access to McGraw-Hill Connect, Create, LearnSmart and Tegrity right from within your institution’s LMS! You’ll get a chance to:
– See why over 100 schools signed up for McGraw-Hill Campus before it was launched
– Learn from leaders from Ohio University, Indiana State, and Mount Wachusett Community College reveal why you should give your faculty unlimited access to this vast set of world-class resources
Sign up today, and for more information, visit MHCampus.com.
The Connect Team
- New Connect Quick Guides Site is Live!
- 95% of Student Survey Participants Report Connect’s Tegrity Tool Improves Learning
- Using the Item Analysis Report to target your instruction
- McGraw-Hill Connect Increases Student Performance and Engagement at San Diego State University!
- Do More with McGraw-Hill Connect and Blackboard!
- Digital Faculty Consultants Share LearnSmart Benefits
- Tips for Accessing LearnSmart in Connect
- Connect Enhancements Are Coming!
- McGraw-Hill/Blackboard Total Course Solution Launches!
- McGraw-Hill Connect with LearnSmart Improves Student Success and Engagement at the University of Colorado Denver!