Continuing the Conversation on Adaptive Learning
On April 25, 2012, we hosted a live Twitter chat that brought together instructors and education technology enthusiasts from across the country to talk about adaptive learning technology and the impact it is having in higher education. Jay Chakrapani, McGraw-Hill Higher Education’s Vice President and General Manager of Digital, shared insights and data on this powerful new trend in his discussion with PolicyMic blogger Sehreen Noor Ali.
Chat participants discussed a wide range of topics related to adaptive learning, including:
• The relationship between adaptive learning technology and personalized learning
• The empirical evidence suggesting that adaptive technology can lead to improved student outcomes
• What is meant by the “gaming element” of adaptive technology
• How adaptive technology integrates with course content and instructor lecture
• Adaptive technology in the context of the flipped classroom model
Live Twitter Chat on Adaptive Learning
If you are using adaptive technology today, considering it, or simply interested in what others are saying, join us for a Twitter-based discussion on how adaptive technology is changing the higher education landscape:
Ask questions and join the conversation by using the hashtag #adaptivechat
If you are unable to attend live, send your questions in advance to @MHHigherEd.
A chat transcript will be provided after the event.
McGraw-Hill LearnSmart – Over 500 Million Answers from Students!
LearnSmart continuously adapts the content to create a personal learning path for every student based upon their current knowledge, confidence level, and what they’re most likely to forget. It’s learning…but smarter!
The result is that LearnSmart’s adaptive learning path helps students retain more knowledge, learn faster, and study more efficiently. Better still, since your students are more prepared, your time spent teaching will be more productive.
TRY IT today by applying your knowledge of the 50 U.S. States.
LearnSmart, available within McGraw-Hill Connect®, is the industry leading adaptive learning technology. Now available in over 50 disciplines and nearly 150 textbooks, and the list is growing.
To try LearnSmart in your course area, contact your McGraw-Hill Representative
2012 CODiE Award Finalists Announced
We are proud and excited to announce that our digital solutions have been selected as finalists for the 2012 CODiE Awards!
Best Postsecondary Instructional Solution
– McGraw-Hill LearnSmart, the adaptive learning system available within Connect
Best Postsecondary Enterprise Solution
– Tegrity Campus, the lecture capture service available within Connect
Best Education Game or Simulation
– Practice Marketing, within Connect Marketing
LearnSmart… and Win!
Try It Free Today!
Instructors and students all over the country continue to find that McGraw-Hill LearnSmart helps students perform better on their exams and in their courses. (Read the recently released LearnSmart Effectiveness Study to see how it made a difference for seven different universities across the country.) In order to help students prep for midterms and exams in October, we are making LearnSmart available for three weeks for FREE.
The Connect Team
- New Connect Quick Guides Site is Live!
- 95% of Student Survey Participants Report Connect’s Tegrity Tool Improves Learning
- Using the Item Analysis Report to target your instruction
- McGraw-Hill Connect Increases Student Performance and Engagement at San Diego State University!
- Do More with McGraw-Hill Connect and Blackboard!
- Digital Faculty Consultants Share LearnSmart Benefits
- Tips for Accessing LearnSmart in Connect
- Connect Enhancements Are Coming!
- McGraw-Hill/Blackboard Total Course Solution Launches!
- McGraw-Hill Connect with LearnSmart Improves Student Success and Engagement at the University of Colorado Denver!