McGraw-Hill Connect Improves Student Success and Increases Engagement at Florida State College!
She says, “Connect Psychology drastically improves student engagement, and it is the next wave in digital learning and blended course development. It frees up class time for labs, activities and other forms of active learning. I am very, very pleased with it.”
Professor Tuckwiller recommends Connect to faculty and now plans to use the McGraw-Hill and Blackboard total course solution to seamlessly deliver her course in one place.
McGraw-Hill Connect Increases Student Retention and Engagement at University of Cincinnati!
Professor Frank Wray was looking for a solution that would help him to offer all class content online while adapting to his pedagogical style. He found that Connect® Biology not only met this need, but also increased student performance, engagement and retention in all of his courses. Students demonstrated higher mastery of concepts by using LearnSmart adaptive study modules, which monitor student performance and adapt instantly based on their knowledge. Read this CASE STUDY to learn more about his experience with Connect.
“Connect with LearnSmart has helped engage the learner in a way I didn’t think was possible,” noted Professor Wray. He plans to continue to refine his courses within Connect Biology, and to use it for both online and traditional courses.
McGraw-Hill Connect Improves Student Performance at University of South Carolina!
Professor Kirasic says, “Clearly, more students received a passing grade with Connect. I am confident that the grades accurately reflect their increased ability to apply learned material.”
McGraw-Hill Connect Boosts Student Performance at West Virginia University!
Professor Ruiz Rosique is pleased with how Connect Spanish has both saved her time and improved student performance. She plans to continue using Connect, integrating even more assignments and assignment types, and including modules from LearnSmart, the adaptive learning system available within Connect. “The great thing about Connect is that it lets students see their results immediately,” she says. “This keeps students informed about their performance and helps me, as a teacher, to reinforce that feedback and talk to students in person about what they are doing right and which problems they should work on.”
McGraw-Hill LearnSmart Effectiveness Study Evaluates Impact at Seven U.S. Universities
Faculty and students in higher education institutions today face a number of instructional and learning challenges. Adaptive learning tools – like McGraw-Hill’s LearnSmart, now used by thousands of students across the country – are being implemented to increase teaching effectiveness and learning efficiency. These tools improve student engagement, grades, and retention, thereby enabling students to be more successful in their college experience and ultimately more career-ready. Seven independent studies conducted at schools across the country have found that McGraw-Hill LearnSmart leads to:
- ● Significant improvements in pass rates (average of 12.5 percentage points) and in retention rates (average of 10.5 percentage points)
- ● More B students improving their learning and earning A’s; and more C students getting B’s
- ● Students, on average, performing 10.24 points higher on all exams as compared to those who did not use LearnSmart
Faculty at these institutions love the way LearnSmart engages their students and improves outcomes.
“Connect with LearnSmart has helped engage the learner in a way I didn’t think was possible. It has also helped me to be a more reflective teacher and pinpoint class issues with a topic.”
-Professor Frank Wray, University of Cincinnati
McGraw-Hill Connect Improves Student Grades and Pass Rates at California State University!
Professor Norman says, “Connect Management will improve student learning and save you time. Students need the instant feedback that Connect provides.” He plans to continue to expand the use of Connect within his courses and recommends it to other faculty.
The Connect Team
- New Connect Quick Guides Site is Live!
- 95% of Student Survey Participants Report Connect’s Tegrity Tool Improves Learning
- Using the Item Analysis Report to target your instruction
- McGraw-Hill Connect Increases Student Performance and Engagement at San Diego State University!
- Do More with McGraw-Hill Connect and Blackboard!
- Digital Faculty Consultants Share LearnSmart Benefits
- Tips for Accessing LearnSmart in Connect
- Connect Enhancements Are Coming!
- McGraw-Hill/Blackboard Total Course Solution Launches!
- McGraw-Hill Connect with LearnSmart Improves Student Success and Engagement at the University of Colorado Denver!