McGraw-Hill Connect Boosts Student Performance at Bunker Hill Community College!
Professor Hoover’s students are also required to complete the LearnSmart adaptive learning modules before lecture, and are encouraged to view recorded lectures through Tegrity, an automated lecture capture service in Connect. He reports that his students love using LearnSmart and say that it makes it easy to come to class prepared, allowing for more discussion and participation during class.
Professor Hoover says, “I had students who were consistently scoring in the low 60’s on each of the weekly quizzes. Once I started assigning homework through Connect, those same students started earning scores in the high 70’s! On average, my students’ performance has risen by 10-15%.”
Tips for Accessing LearnSmart in Connect
If you’re already assigning LearnSmart in Connect, students can continue to work in the adaptive study tool after the assignment due date has passed. While this will not affect the grades received by the due dates you’ve set, students can review past topics and continue mastery throughout the term. This can be a great way for students to focus their review as cumulative finals approach – whether the final is on three chapters or ten chapters. If you haven’t assigned LearnSmart yet but it’s available in your course, direct students to the widget on the Connect Homepage for personalized assistance with their study. This is a great way to get student feedback about LearnSmart in consideration of incorporating the adaptive study tool in a future term.
McGraw-Hill Connect Increases Student Performance and Engagement at San Diego State University!
Professor Olson says, “Connect has made my life easier and my students are doing better. They walk away knowing the concepts, not just learning them for the test. The Connect online exercises, drag and drop, video cases, etc. do a pretty good job of getting students to learn how to apply concepts. That was what first attracted me.”
The Connect Team
- New Connect Quick Guides Site is Live!
- 95% of Student Survey Participants Report Connect’s Tegrity Tool Improves Learning
- Using the Item Analysis Report to target your instruction
- McGraw-Hill Connect Increases Student Performance and Engagement at San Diego State University!
- Do More with McGraw-Hill Connect and Blackboard!
- Digital Faculty Consultants Share LearnSmart Benefits
- Tips for Accessing LearnSmart in Connect
- Connect Enhancements Are Coming!
- McGraw-Hill/Blackboard Total Course Solution Launches!
- McGraw-Hill Connect with LearnSmart Improves Student Success and Engagement at the University of Colorado Denver!