McGraw-Hill Connect Improves Student Success at Johnson County Community College!
By | June 17 2011
Tags: case study
McGraw-Hill Connect Boosts Student Performance at State College of Florida!
Professor Kittrell reports that she has seen steady, measurable improvement in student grades from semester to semester using Connect Psychology. “Students love Connect. They always say that it is easy to use, that they love the content, and that it is improving their test grades.”
McGraw-Hill Connect Boosts Student Performance at West Virginia University!
Professor Ruiz Rosique is pleased with how Connect Spanish has both saved her time and improved student performance. She plans to continue using Connect, integrating even more assignments and assignment types, and including modules from LearnSmart, the adaptive learning system available within Connect. “The great thing about Connect is that it lets students see their results immediately,” she says. “This keeps students informed about their performance and helps me, as a teacher, to reinforce that feedback and talk to students in person about what they are doing right and which problems they should work on.”
McGraw-Hill LearnSmart Effectiveness Study Evaluates Impact at Seven U.S. Universities
Faculty and students in higher education institutions today face a number of instructional and learning challenges. Adaptive learning tools – like McGraw-Hill’s LearnSmart, now used by thousands of students across the country – are being implemented to increase teaching effectiveness and learning efficiency. These tools improve student engagement, grades, and retention, thereby enabling students to be more successful in their college experience and ultimately more career-ready. Seven independent studies conducted at schools across the country have found that McGraw-Hill LearnSmart leads to:
- ● Significant improvements in pass rates (average of 12.5 percentage points) and in retention rates (average of 10.5 percentage points)
- ● More B students improving their learning and earning A’s; and more C students getting B’s
- ● Students, on average, performing 10.24 points higher on all exams as compared to those who did not use LearnSmart
Faculty at these institutions love the way LearnSmart engages their students and improves outcomes.
“Connect with LearnSmart has helped engage the learner in a way I didn’t think was possible. It has also helped me to be a more reflective teacher and pinpoint class issues with a topic.”
-Professor Frank Wray, University of Cincinnati
McGraw-Hill Connect Improves Student Success and Increases Engagement at American River College!
She says, “Connect Accounting provides students with meaningful practice opportunity with the accompanying feedback to close the loop of learning. Students often struggle with concerns about how to get started with their homework and whether their work is correct. Connect Accounting offers a structure that would allow them to engage with assignments and work with confidence.” Learn more about Professor Pollard’s experience with Connect in this CASE STUDY.
McGraw-Hill Connect Saves Class Time and Improves Student Grades at Franklin University!
With Connect, Dr. Welch saw an increase in the number of students receiving A’s and B’s and an increase in pass rates. Class attendance has also increased by 20%. He says, “Connect has been the best learning tool we could offer our students. Their success rates and improved impression of the course have made their lives and mine much easier.”
The Connect Team
- New Connect Quick Guides Site is Live!
- 95% of Student Survey Participants Report Connect’s Tegrity Tool Improves Learning
- Using the Item Analysis Report to target your instruction
- McGraw-Hill Connect Increases Student Performance and Engagement at San Diego State University!
- Do More with McGraw-Hill Connect and Blackboard!
- Digital Faculty Consultants Share LearnSmart Benefits
- Tips for Accessing LearnSmart in Connect
- Connect Enhancements Are Coming!
- McGraw-Hill/Blackboard Total Course Solution Launches!
- McGraw-Hill Connect with LearnSmart Improves Student Success and Engagement at the University of Colorado Denver!