McGraw-Hill Connect Effectiveness Study
Within the case studies we analyzed, we found that Connect’s all-digital teaching and learning environment has helped more than double the number of students receiving A’s. In addition, students using Connect are also able to receive immediate feedback on their work, which boosts their confidence in the classroom and leads to a more engaged and interactive classroom discussion. We also found that this engaged learning environment pushes students to remain in courses they would otherwise withdraw from, which can ultimately raise course retention rates and graduation rates.
Instructors experience benefits from Connect as well. Administering tests and quizzes takes significantly less time with this learning platform – grading that took instructors a full hour drops to a low 12-minute average when they are using Connect. Saving time is great, but for instructors, saving time on grading allows them to focus on higher-value activities like extending and enhancing their course material and engaging students, both in and outside of the classroom.
With Connect, instructors are also able to track students’ progress and difficulties in real time and modify their one-on-one discussions and lecture content to focus on challenging topics. Overall, Connect provides a more engaging and richer classroom experience, enhancing the ability of instructors to teach and the students’ ability to learn.
LearnSmart – It’s Proven
Final analysis shows when LearnSmart is assigned more B students earn A’s and more C students get B’s.
The distribution shows the aggregate of letter grades assigned by instructors. A Chi Square test was performed to determine if final course grades were distributed differently across the two groups (control and experimental). The test indicated a significant difference, Χ2 (4) = 11.667, p = .020 (an alpha level of .05 was adopted for this statistical test).
The Connect Team
- New Connect Quick Guides Site is Live!
- 95% of Student Survey Participants Report Connect’s Tegrity Tool Improves Learning
- Using the Item Analysis Report to target your instruction
- McGraw-Hill Connect Increases Student Performance and Engagement at San Diego State University!
- Do More with McGraw-Hill Connect and Blackboard!
- Digital Faculty Consultants Share LearnSmart Benefits
- Tips for Accessing LearnSmart in Connect
- Connect Enhancements Are Coming!
- McGraw-Hill/Blackboard Total Course Solution Launches!
- McGraw-Hill Connect with LearnSmart Improves Student Success and Engagement at the University of Colorado Denver!