Using the Item Analysis Report to target your instruction
For example, let’s take a look at the following item analysis report.
The Connect item analysis report can be used to identify the success rate of individual questions in your assignments. This information can be useful in areas such as planning lecture topics and/or assessment review, helping make your time with students more targeted to their needs.
In the example above, we see the success rate for six questions in our assignment across multiple assignment attempts (i.e., first attempt vs. last attempt). After reviewing the report, we might decide that the success rate for the question on the “path of blood” is too low and is an area worth extra investigation. Connect offers a quick export of this information to Excel or allows you to print out a record for further analysis.
Remember that all of this information and more, is only a few clicks away in the Reports tab, to help enhance your Connect experience.
By | February 22 2011
The Connect Team
- New Connect Quick Guides Site is Live!
- 95% of Student Survey Participants Report Connect’s Tegrity Tool Improves Learning
- Using the Item Analysis Report to target your instruction
- McGraw-Hill Connect Increases Student Performance and Engagement at San Diego State University!
- Do More with McGraw-Hill Connect and Blackboard!
- Digital Faculty Consultants Share LearnSmart Benefits
- Tips for Accessing LearnSmart in Connect
- Connect Enhancements Are Coming!
- McGraw-Hill/Blackboard Total Course Solution Launches!
- McGraw-Hill Connect with LearnSmart Improves Student Success and Engagement at the University of Colorado Denver!