Introducing: Connect Study Beta
Connect Study Beta is our first step into the mobile world.
In this first phase, you’ll have what you need to study between classes, including a redesigned eBook and brand new features to help you plan for your semester and track you performance. We’re not able to offer everything we’d like just yet, but we wanted to make Connect Study available to all students as soon as we could.
We’d love for you to try it out and tell us what you think: Connect Study Beta.
Continue reading …
Connect Goes Mobile!
Exciting news! Students can now access powerful Connect study resources directly from their tablets and phones. Because students’ lives are busier than ever, this Open Beta phase targets studying on the go.
Students can access from their tablets and smartphones:
- eBook: This responsive design eBook automatically adjusts to fit most tablets and select phones. Students can add bookmarks and notes, and sync with Connect, all from their mobile devices.
- Performance Reports: Connect’s redesigned reports give students a greater understanding of how they are performing in their Connect courses. Powerful data like the Connect score average, the total number of points earned in Connect, time spent taking each assignment, and the date each assignment was submitted, all give students a better idea of their current performance.
- Trends: Visual charts will show students meaningful patterns in their performances. Students will see if they tend to submit assignments late, and are prompted to check their upcoming assignments to always know what’s coming. Students will also see how their recent assignment scores compare to their class’ average, so students are fully aware of their scores and if they should seek instructor help.
- Next Up!: Assignments display from the current month onward, so the most relevant assignment dates are easily available. The due dates, attempts, and points help students plan their time and prepare for each assignment. NOTE: Students cannot take their assignments in this mobile view. The focus for this first phase is to make the study materials available to students when they are on-the-go.
- Course Resources: Important resources from instructors are surfaced to ensure that students are aware of these valuable study materials and have more opportunities to review them.
Exciting News About LearnSmart
Since its launch, we’ve heard from students each semester about how much they love LearnSmart. They agree that the engaging, effective, and personalized learning offered through LearnSmart is like no other study solution. As a result, there have been an increasing number of students asking for LearnSmart in their other courses where access has not been provided through Connect.
To heed this call, McGraw-Hill is thrilled to announce that students will now be able to purchase and use LearnSmart in over 40 courses. We’d like to invite you to be part of the adaptive learning revolution by visiting the new LearnSmart website and sharing the news with your students!
McGraw-Hill Connect Improves Student Success and Increases Instructor Efficiency at Hinds Community College!
Professor Feaster says, “I observed that A students are going to make A’s regardless of what is asked of them. The Connect and LearnSmart assignments force all of the students to study in a variety of ways […] which evidently improves their understanding.” The data backs this up, showing that Connect made a significant difference for students who might have otherwise withdrawn from or failed the course or who may not learned the material well enough to pass the course. As a result, Professor Feaster “absolutely” recommends Connect to other faculty.
Virginia Tech Uses McGraw-Hill APR to Launch First Fully Online Human Anatomy & Physiology Course
Gillian said she had a healthy dose of nerves while developing a deeply-rooted traditional course in the online environment. Being one of the first her peers to do so, she could not draw upon the experience of others. “Before starting the course, I was worried about all the potential problems that could arise in launching a new online class of such a large size. For the most part, everything went very smoothly.”
Gillian uses McGraw Hill’s Anatomy and Physiology Revealed software, which features an interactive cadaver dissection tool that students to peel back layers and as if they are part of a dissection.
“I feel like the students draw a lot out of the virtual dissections and come away with a good understanding of human anatomy and physiology,” she said.
Read the full story at the Virginia Tech website.
Announcing the Winners of the Get Connected and Win Video Contest
We asked students across the country to create a video about McGraw-Hill Connect and how it has helped them. So many excellent videos came in that it was hard for our panel of judges to decide, but the winners have been posted! Check them out at GetConnectedandWin.com.
The Connect Team
- New Connect Quick Guides Site is Live!
- 95% of Student Survey Participants Report Connect’s Tegrity Tool Improves Learning
- Using the Item Analysis Report to target your instruction
- McGraw-Hill Connect Increases Student Performance and Engagement at San Diego State University!
- Do More with McGraw-Hill Connect and Blackboard!
- Digital Faculty Consultants Share LearnSmart Benefits
- Tips for Accessing LearnSmart in Connect
- Connect Enhancements Are Coming!
- McGraw-Hill/Blackboard Total Course Solution Launches!
- McGraw-Hill Connect with LearnSmart Improves Student Success and Engagement at the University of Colorado Denver!