2012 CODiE Award Finalists Announced
We are proud and excited to announce that our digital solutions have been selected as finalists for the 2012 CODiE Awards!
Best Postsecondary Instructional Solution
– McGraw-Hill LearnSmart, the adaptive learning system available within Connect
Best Postsecondary Enterprise Solution
– Tegrity Campus, the lecture capture service available within Connect
Best Education Game or Simulation
– Practice Marketing, within Connect Marketing
Tegrity’s Lecture Capture Improves Distance Learning
Faculty members liked being able to record lectures in advance and upload them for student review. That way, face-to-face class time can be used for more productive activities, such as small seminar discussions, debates, Q&A sessions and problem solving. “Instead of just having a professor lecturing in front of the class for an hour,” said Cable Green, director of e-learning and open education, “the time can be allocated to two-way conversations and other activities.”
McGraw-Hill Connect Boosts Student Performance at Bunker Hill Community College!
Professor Hoover’s students are also required to complete the LearnSmart adaptive learning modules before lecture, and are encouraged to view recorded lectures through Tegrity, an automated lecture capture service in Connect. He reports that his students love using LearnSmart and say that it makes it easy to come to class prepared, allowing for more discussion and participation during class.
Professor Hoover says, “I had students who were consistently scoring in the low 60’s on each of the weekly quizzes. Once I started assigning homework through Connect, those same students started earning scores in the high 70’s! On average, my students’ performance has risen by 10-15%.”
95% of Student Survey Participants Report Connect’s Tegrity Tool Improves Learning
Surveyed students shared that Tegrity’s lecture capture is an “excellent tool” and that “all features are essential” and “easy to use.” A distance learning student added “it makes me feel more connected with the teacher and the course.”
A feature of McGraw-Hill Connect, Tegrity, is a cloud-based lecture capture solution proven to increase student achievement, satisfaction, retention and recruitment across an institution. It makes class time available all the time by automatically recording, storing and indexing every class on campus – without the need to install any special hardware or software in classrooms.
Read the full article at PRNewsWire.
The Connect Team
- New Connect Quick Guides Site is Live!
- 95% of Student Survey Participants Report Connect’s Tegrity Tool Improves Learning
- Using the Item Analysis Report to target your instruction
- McGraw-Hill Connect Increases Student Performance and Engagement at San Diego State University!
- Do More with McGraw-Hill Connect and Blackboard!
- Digital Faculty Consultants Share LearnSmart Benefits
- Tips for Accessing LearnSmart in Connect
- Connect Enhancements Are Coming!
- McGraw-Hill/Blackboard Total Course Solution Launches!
- McGraw-Hill Connect with LearnSmart Improves Student Success and Engagement at the University of Colorado Denver!